Friday, March 14, 2008

Things I hope to never pass on to my children

My fear of spiders, the dark, and death. Oh, and of the smell of fish.

My expanded vocabulary of obscenities and ability to string them all together flawlessly in one sentence.

My tendency to judge people based on appearance, although my judgements tend to end up being spot-on assessments of character.

My low self-esteem.

The nasty case of what appears to be ringworm on the backs of my hands.

My clotting disorder.

My carb addiction (as I sit here eating ice cream straight out of the half gallon container).

My socially awkward tendencies.

My hypochondriasis overwhelming concern for my health.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but I'm dripping ice cream on the keyboard, and I don't want my husband knowing that I eat at the computer. It's forbidden in my house!

Ok - so my control issues. Don't want them feeling the need to be in charge all the time like I do. Even though that's the way it should be. And it is. :)

2 comments:

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

i am with you on the low self-esteem, carb addiction, and control issues.

btw, i don't think i've said before that i, too count my steps. i count my steps up and down every single set of stairs that i walk up/down. i also count my steps while walking on a sidewalk, and try and end on an even number when i step off. that's a tad OCD, no?

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

p.s., like the new layout of your site. :)