Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rock the vote!

No, I'm not talking about voting in the upcoming election. I don't even care at this point - the country's in trouble no matter who gets elected. I'm talking about voting in my poll...you know, the one over there <------ about names. I know for a fact that more than 7 people read this blog (including the pervert who found his - 'cause you know it's a guy - way here by Googling lactation fetish), thanks to the little program I have embedded that tells me where all my readers come from. So vote! The votes are anonymous, so I won't hate you if you vote no because I won't know it was you. If I did know, then I'd probably hate you. But vote. Please? The fate of our country (and my daughter's name) depends on it.

5 comments:

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

you can tell where i'm coming to you from, but you can't tell what my vote is?!

(i voted no, btw.)

McKenzie said...

Nope - the poll is anonymous. I think. If there is a way to tell who voted what then I haven't figured it out. And I imagined it was you who voted no, anyway. ;) You'll die, then, when you find out what we're possibly naming her! I have no idea how I'm going to pick this little girl's name...because ultimately (sorry, Hubs) it's my decision. I'm going back and forth between 2 names, one of which is a boy's name, and the other is super-feminine.

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

my daughter's name is keira... it started off as "clara". but then i met a 13yr old clara who was all crunchy and weird (and ugly.) so we went with keira. as in knightley.

i am just more of a traditional name fan. if your first name really is mckenzie, then your parents were ahead of the curve - it didn't really become "popular" until i was in HS (in CA anyway)... honestly, i don't think that what you name your daughter will have any impact on how she turns out. but that's just me... and my first name is kind of androgenous... except for the way it's spelled...

shutting up now...

McKenzie said...

my name really is mckenzie, and i hated it until i got to college. even now, people will ask me my name, i'll tell them mckenzie, and they'll respond with "no, your first name." then that just starts a nasty cycle of eye-rolling and under-the-breath name-calling...it just gets ugly. oh, and god help anyone who calls me "mac." no 'a' in my name. yep, my parents were ahead of the curve...i was named after mackenzie phillips. ew.

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

i actually have a distant female cousin - about 16yrs younger than me - who is named mckenzie. i thought it was very cute on a little toeheaded girl, which is what she was the last time i saw her. i have never met an adult mckenzie (aside from phillips, ew is right! but she did a lot of recreational drugs. and for longer than 1 year.) until i came across you...

wtf am i doing?! i gotta get back to work! ;)