Wednesday, March 26, 2008

But wait - there's more.

I have a cracked rib. The culprit? This frigging cough. No fooling. Doctor said it'll take 6 weeks to heal - right about the time Gumdrop is due. I'm thrilled that the last few weeks of alone time I had left with baby boy have now been ruined.

Doctor's orders? Take it easy.
Ok, dude - I'm a stay-at-home mom with no friends or family in the vicinity and a husband who works full time. I'll sit on the couch all day eating bonbons, just 'cause you said so, and let the baby take care of himself.

This bastard hurts more than recovering from a c-section did. Doc wrote me a 'script for pain meds, but how the hell can I, in good faith, drug my fetus? I'll be paranoid that she's stoned or dead when she's not moving from the effects of the drug.

The entire pregnancy has been like one big comedy sketch...except it's not funny.

Well, wait - I guess this could be considered funny. Or gross. Or both. My body also chose this time to grace me with diarrhea, but due to the unrelenting, insurmountable pain that comes with reaching around to wipe myself....well, I'm just glad *I'm* not the one doing the laundry!

2 comments:

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

LOL! you should write a book JUST about this pregnancy. seriously.

sorry, laughing at the mental picture of a giant pregnant woman having to do the reach-around wiping. i really disliked how 'messy' things got down there when i was pregnant... you can't see what's going on, you have to strain to even GET there.

this, too shall pass. (hopefully not like watery diarrhea though.)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to help. I could bring Mady and her and Nathanial can go entertain each other and we can sit and eat bon bons.