Sunday, January 20, 2008

Boredom ensues

It's amazing how little there is to do on a cold, wintry day in NYS on the first weekend since you've ditched your cable. I could read, but I don't have anything lying around that I haven't already read at least twice. I could clean, but since we're leaving this hole in 3 weeks I don't really see a point. I could pack, but we have no boxes yet.

My mom came to visit for the day yesterday. It's fun to watch the baby interact with her - it took him a bit to warm up to her since he's so used to seeing her on "her turf" and not his, but once he did he was cute, almost as if he were flirting. I love to sit back and watch him interact with other people. He's only really ever around us (me, mostly), so I'm glad to see that he's able to warm up fairly quickly to others. He knows and loves his Gran, obviously, but it still makes me happy to see him interacting positively with someone other than us.

Even this blog is boring today.

It's officially 4 months until Gumdrop is due. Four months yesterday, actually. Time is certainly flying. Once we've moved we'll slowly work on getting his/her bedroom ready. I've already started picking up some neutral clothing but nothing for the nursery yet. I'm still in a bit of denial that I'll have two in cribs. Cribs and diapers. Diapers and cribs and bibs, oh my.

What else? My latest obsession is with trying to live a quasi-green life. Not green as in we're-rolling-in-dough, although that would be nice. But green as in using vinegar to clean instead of Windex and trying to eliminate some unnecessary things from our lives...like cable. Oh God, how I mourn the loss of my digital cable and DVR. But it's saving us a disgusting amount of money, saving electricity, and forcing me to do something else in the afternoons while the baby sleeps.

I omitted the original final paragraph at the request of my husband who asked me to play nice about our move. So all I will say is that we're moving to a fabulous home in the 'burbs and I couldn't be happier. :)

No comments: