Monday, October 29, 2007

Survival


The party went off without a hitch. I consider it a major success. Good food, some good friends and family (and a bunch of peeps I didn't know), good presents, and a lot of fun. I, of course, got choked up singing Happy Birthday to Nat, but I imagine it was nothing close to the emotion I'll feel on Wednesday. He's still a baby in so many ways, but like a big boy in many others. It still makes me sad to think how quickly this year has passed, but I know every other mother on the planet feels the same way. But still - stay my baby boy a little longer, Nat, please?
As for Baby #2 - I'd like to clarify that never have I said/written that I regret getting pregnant. Do a word search on the blog - if you can find the word 'regret' then I'll happily give you $100. I wrote that I worry about having made a mistake for a few reasons....most of which have been voiced on this blog ....but never regret. Big difference. I know that this pregnancy is a blessing - I don't need to be reminded of that. But I also don't have to be happy with the way things have gone at this point. Would YOU be happy having to deal with profuse vomiting on a daily basis while also making sure your current baby's needs are being met? Doubtful. In any case, to all of you who have taken the time to send well wishes and good thoughts - thank you. You know you have special places in my heart and I appreciate your kind words and good intentions. :)

Now. Off to do some party damage control.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like the party went good. You should come over and post pics and tell us all about it :)

Elisabeth said...

We need some more pics. 1 is not sufficient.

=)