Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Finally!

My boy finally calls me by name. I was beginning to think I was invisible to him, or just so inconsequential that he felt as though he didn't need to bother with anything other than his "hey you" point. In any case, hearing his call of "mama mama mama" is music to my ears, and quite honestly I could listen to it all day.

Any time I've glanced at the clock today I've been thinking back to one year ago, wondering what I was doing. At this point, all I knew was that I was going in for a scheduled induction on the night of the 30th. It wouldn't be until later that evening that we all learned the little stinker had flipped around, prompting the docs to perform a c-section the following day.

I can't believe that it has been a year. I still remember what I wore...hell, even what I ate...on the day before he was born. I wonder if any of his first memories will be anything from his first year. I hope so...because if there's anything he should be able to know and remember from the last 12 months it should be how loved and adored he is.

Now - off to rescue him from whatever seems to be attempting to kill him in his crib.

Tone: nostalgic and happy :)

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I, too, was teary eyed when we sang Happy Birthday. Enjoy tomorrow with your 1 year old. And congratulations on being called "mama" - it never gets old.