Friday, March 03, 2006

Cravings

For the entire week before I found out I was pregnant I craved sushi. Craved it madly. Never ate it before those 5 or 6 days, and once I finally (over)indulged in the craving, I decided that I will likely never eat it again. For the last few days, I can't seem to get enough hot and spicy foods. As I type this, I am eating pickled jalepenos out of the jar with a fork...and they're soooo good.

We're going to look at a few places in Brooklyn tomorrow. I'm excited about beginning the process to get the hell outta here.

We have our first appointment/ultrasound 1 week from today. I've joined a fabulous message board for moms-to-be, and since I'm estimating my due date to be sometime in October, I've joined the "October Moms" group....many of the ladies are having their first ultrasounds done, and some can see/hear the heartbeats, and some not yet but soon. I'm getting jealous of the ultrasound pictures that they're posting, so next Friday can't come soon enough.

I saw a pair of wonderful camouflage maternity capris on the Old Navy website. I'm more than just a little excited about that...I wonder when maternity clothes start to be a necessity? How sad that I'll have to go shopping for clothes by myself. :( I wish I had someone here to go with me! Shopping for maternity clothes with your husband, I would imagine, isn't quite as fun.

I think I'm going to make some chicken salad.

No comments: