Monday, November 03, 2008

Birthday weekend

How a 2-year-old's birthday can turn into a weekend-long event is beyond me, but it did. A good time was had by all, though, and that's all that matters. The actual birthday was on Halloween, and he was greeted by Cookie Monster blue streamers hanging all over the house. After a breakfast of homemade birthday waffles, it was time to open presents. If there is a diecast Cars car he doesn't have I'll be shocked. It looks like Disney-Pixar threw up in my house. Mack the Truck was a favorite gift as well. We went to Chuck E Cheese for lunch - our first time there - and seeing his little eyes light up when we went in was worth the obscene amount of money they charge you for food (and I use that term loosely) and tokens. Dinner was at home, followed by cake #1, and then we sat outside and handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

Birthday party on Saturday, held at a children's museum that he loves and that we have a membership to. Family and friends came from all around to help us celebrate. Nat had a blast, but I have to say that the highlight of the day for me was displaying the Cookie Monster cake I baked and decorated. :)

The celebration seemed to continue yesterday when we decided to bid adieu to the Zanzibar jungle themed bedroom and turn it into a Cars-themed big boy room. Oddly enough, it was that process that made me realize that I can't really call him a baby anymore - even though I will - and that he is, in fact, a big boy.

Some pictures:
Last day as a one year old!
The cutest scarecrow ever
Mmm - birthday waffles!

Quite possibly the best pumpkin I've ever carved.


Cookie Monster cake for party day

The favorite CEC attraction.
Digging in the rice table at the museum w/ Auntie Alex
Making a wish while blowing out the candles on party day.
Savannah and Daddy at the party

1 comment:

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

holy crap, you are spoiling that kid! (and i don't mean that in the asshole way.) i mean it by saying that, while i will bake a birthday cake for my kids each year, i certainly don't go through any painstaking efforts with the presentation of "birthday waffles"! ;) and the cookie monster cake??! WTF.

kudos to you! you're a great mom and your kids are lucky to have you. :D

and great pictures. too cute!